- Adequately tape the Tops and Bottoms of ALL Boxes. Do NOT fold over flaps in spiral-fashion. If you are not sure how to properly close your box, one of our associates will gladly show you.
- Completely fill all spaces in the box to avoid damage. This can be done with paper, peanuts, bubble wrap, etc. Packing supplies are available for purchase at any of our store locations or On-Campus stations.
- ALL Boxes must close completely and without excessive bulging. Additionally, any items not suitably packed for storage may be refused at the discretion of The UPS Store.
- ALL "Fragile" Items must be boxed; i.e. including, but not limited to, TV’s and Computer Monitors. For an additional fee, we can provide packing and boxing service for you if you are unsure how to safely pack fragile items.
- Items "Not-Intended-For-Transport" must be Disassembled prior to storage pickup; i.e. including, but not limited to, Particle-board and Pressed-Wood furniture [IKEA].
**NOTICE** Because of the breakable nature of such items, The UPS Store is not liable for damages to items NOT-Disassembled prior to storage pickup.
- ALL Refrigerators must be Defrosted, Dry, and Empty prior to storage pickup.
- ALL Desks and Dressers must be Empty prior to storage pickup. If drawers are filled, additional fees will apply.
- All Mattresses and Box Springs must be bagged. Mattress bags are available for purchase at any our store locations listed below.
- [ITEM DAMAGE and CLAIMS PROCESS] Should you find damage to your items, you must save the box and all packing materials and notify us within 14 days of your delivery. In addition, you will need to provide proof of the item(s) value or repair cost(s).
SUGGESTIONS - Help Us Help You!
- Write your NAME and TELEPHONE NUMBER on the Outside of EACH Box with a Black Sharpie. If storing a Suitcase or Duffel Bag, please write your Name and Phone Number on your Suitcase Tag. If you do not have one, we would be happy to provide you with a UPS Luggage Tag. Finally, write your name and phone number on piece of paper and place it inside the suitcase or bag.
We encourage this practice so that in the unlikely event your item is misplaced, your belongings will be easily identifiable and we can promptly return the item to where it belongs with the rest of your belongings!
- Keep Track of What's In Which Box. This can help you when deciding insurance value of your storage. Maximum insurance per box/item is $1,000 and $2,500 for the entire storage contract.
- Make a List of the contents you pack in each box.
- Then, Mark your Boxes accordingly; 1/4... 2/4... 3/4... 4/4.
- Protect your "Fragile" items! Make sure your Breakables have plenty of padding; ALL "Fragile" items should have at least 3 inches of padding on all sides.
- ALL Electronics should be in original packaging. If you do not have original packaging, make sure you have at least 3 inches of bubble wrap on each side.
- Remember Overweight Fees. An automatic surcharge will be applied to any item weighing over 75.00 lbs.
If you can't lift it easily, we can’t either. But keeping this in mind can save you money.
HINT: Use smaller boxes for books and heavy items!
Thank you for choosing The UPS Store,
Nashville’s leader in student storage and shipping.